Wednesday 13 May 2009

Buenas Noches Ladies and Gents,

Just a quick post from Kyoto before two more days of AWOL Internet up by Takayama.

My first impressions of Kyoto weren’t great as on the way in from the airport all I saw were ugly concrete apartments then a relatively garish train station.

But after this morning I take 99% of it back. I went on a wander through the ancient temples, shrines etc dotted around town and they blew me away with the scale and beauty of the architecture and gardens…. No wonder they have about 5 Billion world heritage sites in town (Ok. 4, but you get my drift..)

Hopefully I’m going to be able upload some photos here (including one of the Imperial Palace for Felton) tonight if not then when I get to Tokyo, but they don’t do justice to the city and I couldn’t show you the interiors as you are not allowed to snap and inside…

Godzilla Count: 9

xx

P.S. Go on, hit her Lord Foulkes!! - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8045414.stm

1 comment:

  1. http://www.textsfromlastnight.com/worst-nights/

    in case you're in need of a laugh this really is priceless

    ReplyDelete