Saturday 16 May 2009

"I'm a drinker, a smoker, a midnight Tokyo-er"

Allllllrrrriiigghhhhhtttttt?

Hope all is well with you..

I have just recently arrived in Tokyo after a few days in the middle of nowhere, and it feels good to be back. Don't get me wrong, Wa No Santo was a lovely old school experience of sleeping on bamboo floors dressed in a traditional Yukata with the only sound being the river flowing by your window and only eating local roots and fish, but it was time to feel the pulse of the city again.

After a exciting experience (first and last time I could ever be a trainspotter) on the Shinkansen or 'Bullet' train (Which yes does look awesome, and yes, does travel ridiculously fast) that was only slightly dented by the most rude, arrogant and downright despicable bunch of Italian tourists* and the fact that due to high demand on the Friday trains I had to have a seat in the smoking compartment (Which actually wasn't too bad and kinda made me feel as though I was in the 50s/60s smoking on a plane).

But anyway, I am now at The Peninsula in a lovely suite and in desperate need of a shower to wash off the aftershave I was drenched in by those Makaronifressers/Hightalians**...

Goodnight & Stay frosty,

xx

*Disclaimer: I know they don't represent 99% of Italians, but they were utter cocks..
** Best slurs I could come up with thanks to the help of the lovely people at the RSDB..

No comments:

Post a Comment