Saturday 9 May 2009

OT: Part 3


This evening I had a meal at the 'Tapas' bar, which is one of The Mandarin Orientals 3 Michelin starred restaurants. Think Fat Duck or elBulli (Where the head chef once worked,) with an Asian twist and you will pretty much get what my 20 dish tasting menu was like.

There are only 8 seats in the the "Molecular Bar" where you sit in front of the chefs as they prepare everything from charcoal covered Wagu beef to a cappuccino made from cotton candy.

Its is definitely up there as one of the best meals I have ever had, just mind blowing in terms of the way the chefs looks at food through the microscope..

Sorry so brief, have so much more to say but I have to get to bed as I have a nervous journey on the subway system to the airport where I am flying down to Kumamoto to stay at the Kai Resort..

I'm not sure if they will have the internet down there so please forgive me if I don't post anything for 2 or so days but I promise to to a bigger one next time.

Oh, and I have started putting a couple of photos up on Picasa but the camera has been acting up a bit so will try and take more (Especially one of the Imperial Palace, just for you Alex F.)

Hope all is well and love to all and goodnight..xx


P.S. The Keyboard Cat!

P.P.S. I know it may seem stupid but just so everyone understands, if you click on the words that are in a different colour, they take you to interesting websites etc..

Godzilla Tally: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment