Friday 8 May 2009

Okey Tokey: Part 2


So its morning on day 2 of my trip and I'm in Tokyo. Still really weird to be saying that.

After a lovely (11-hour) flight on Japan Airlines and a "Limo" bus* into the city centre, I arrived at my first hotel - The Mandarin Oriental.....

Wow. Situated on the top 8 floors of the Mitsui Tower, The MO has beautiful views over Tokyo and on the bit of clear sky I had yesterday I had a view of Mt. Fuji from my room. Sadly due to the heat today (around 25°C) that view has vanished as is quite lot of smog in this massive sprawling metropolis....

Above you get a look at my room. In the other part of the room is a walk in wardrobe & ensuite with a mental loo that, although the heated seat is a nice touch, keeps on trying to squirt water up my arse. (It is technology like that which makes me feel that some things are best left old school, but that's just me..)

After dropping my stuff of at my room I was shown around the hotel then onto the spa where I "endured" a 3-hour 'Mandarin Oriental Signature Therapy' treatment where I was lightly massaged to within an inch of my life and which I can safely say is one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had in my life (And with the hefty price tag attached to it the best I'll ever get...)

Right, now off to explore Tokyo in the proper confused tourist fashion (Massive map and a camera around my neck) then back for dinner.

R x

P.S. I'll be keeping a "Papped" tally at the end of each post to keep count of how many times people take a picture of me in an "Ahh! It's Godzilla!" type of way..

*(I nearly gave the driver a coronary by slowing down the otherwise perfectly on-time bus service)

Godzilla Tally: 1

P.P.S. Link for news on the upcoming Sherlock Holmes film - Looks awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment